Panzergrenadier Feldwebel
Panzergrenadier FeldwebelPanzergrenadier FeldwebelPanzergrenadier FeldwebelPanzergrenadier FeldwebelPanzergrenadier Feldwebel

Panzergrenadier Feldwebel

Category:

Panzergrenadier Feldwebel with green piped collar tabs and shoulder boards on his wrap around tunic. Complete with M43 cap. He has been awarded the Iron Cross 1st and 2nd Class, the Bronze Tank Asault badge and the Black Wound badge.

The term Panzergrenadier was not adopted until 1942. Infantry in panzer divisions from 1937 onwards were known as Schützen Regiments; they wore the same rose pink piping on their uniforms as the tank crews with an “S” cypher.

Soldiers in special Motorized Infantry units wore the standard white piping of the Infantry. In 1942 Infantry Regiments were renamed as Grenadier Regiments and the Schützen regiments began to be redesignated as Panzergrenadier regiments, as did Motorized Infantry units and soldiers.

Their Waffenfarbe was also changed from either white (in the case of Motorized Infantry) or rose pink to a meadow-green shade previously worn by motorcycle troops.

The Panzer Assault Badge in Bronze (Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze) was instituted on 1 June 1940. It was awarded to members of infantry regiments, members of motorized and tank recon units, which have proven themselves in battle at least three times in three different days. There were around 12.600 Panzer Assault Badges in Bronze awarded.